”He that is despised, and hath a servant, is better than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.”
Some qualities are of more value than others. Some things are more important than others. Some things endure longer than others.
Here’s 10 ways to look at it…
1. Better it is be persecuted with humble prosperity than poverty concealed by pretense.
2. Better to live without esteem than to go hungry while dreaming of affluence.
3. Better to be content within than to live on empty by overcharging for care from without.
4. Better is character with enduring substance than to have empty social status.
5. Better is the humble with plenty of resources than the arrogant who lacks food.
6. Better to have temperance than indulgence.
7. Better to live within your means than to lose your life.
8. Better to be mocked with plenty than despised with nothing.
9. Better to be ridiculed and have a team of helpers than to lift yourself up with no one working with you.
10. Better to prioritize your work than to live on someone else’s opinion.
Focus on developing you, your team, your family, your businesses, your church, your organizations and don’t worry about what other people think. You do you! You do you at your level and at your pace.