“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye LOVE one another; AS I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have LOVE one to another.” John 13:34-35 (emphasis mine)
Let’s love with Jesus’ type of love! His love is unconditional, full of grace and mercy. The only way to love His way is by dying to self and being full of the Spirit. When we love with His love then we are becoming, behaving and being His true disciples. Let’s pray for one another to be full of His love, and walk in His Spirit to bless one another today. Encourage yourself in the Lord’s goodness by examining these qualities of God’s love.
8 Qualities of God’s Love
1. Relentless love – God’s love is infinite and immeasurable. He never backs down. He pursues us with flawless persistency and unbending determination.
“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
2. Reckless love – God’s love is sacrificial and sublime. His own personal hardship would not stop Him from coming to rescue us. He risked it all to the full price to reconcile us.
“Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.”
3. Ridiculous love – God’s love is full of mercy and forgiveness. Before we even understood or asked for forgiveness, He already created the path to peace with Him. He gave up everything for us, even while we were sinners, he died for us.
“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. Redeeming love – God’s love is perfect in power and pure in holiness. Even though the cost of our forgiveness was the death of His Son, He still paid the debt for us. He chose to trade places with us, paid the wages for our sin and gave us His marvelous righteousness.
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
5. Radical love – God’s love is omnipresent and omniscient. He never leaves us, nor forsakes us. Even through our darkest moments and most vicious acts, He opens His arms to help us with grace.
“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.”
6. Rich love – God’s love is unlimited in power and immeasurable in resources. He never walls up his heart. He never runs empty but instead always generously extends to us His abundant spiritual filling.
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us…”
7. Rewarding love – God’s love is bountiful in pleasure and purposeful in blessings. He never turns away a heart of faith. He enjoys giving daily benefits to His children, especially when we walk in truth.
“Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.”
8. Righteous love – God’s love is immutably just and full of truth. He never makes an error in judgment. He enjoys giving blessing, equity and honor to those who walk uprightly.
“For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”